Friday, August 9, 2013

Funeral Card Friday - Willie Elmo Kolb

Funeral Card for Willie Elmo Kolb,
one of my Grandmother's brothers.
I remember him and his wife, Nora Mae
Bristow Kolb, well. 
They lived at Sweetwater, Texas,
when I was young.
Uncle Elmo was the son of
Robert Franklin Kolb and
Laura Leola Brooks (who was a
cousin to her husband).  They
lived in the Grapeland, Texas area.





Willie Elmo and Nora Mae Bristow Kolb.
Picture taken in their yard or in the yard of
his sister, Luna Kolb at Sweetwater, Texas.
This picture brings back sweet
memories to me...all the old ones I knew
 have passed on. 

And for some reason, this scripture from
Numbers 6: 24-26 came to mind:

"The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace."

May you have a blessed weekend,
and
Happy Hunting!
Revis



5 comments:

  1. I love this picture, the flowers are wonderful. We lived in Abilene for several years and have visited Sweetwater. I made some great friends in that part of Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Wow, most people do not even know where Sweetwater is. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say what a pleasant post this is. The funeral card is very interesting, a little different than I have seen, and your picture and words with it make a nice remembrance.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Nancy! I was surprised to find his funeral card not long ago in some things my parents gave me.-Revis

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry I never met this fine gentleman. I just read some stories he wrote in a book called "History of Houston County" and just now tried to look him up so that I could contact him. I'm so sorry to hear of his passing.
    Greg Mathews
    Houston, Texas

    ReplyDelete